Friday, April 30, 2010

Wind Turbine T-Shirt...Again

So.... I totally revamped the design. After thinking I had changed it and I was made in the shade, my sister and her love for the Wonderful World of Disney showed me the light. On two Disney shows, there were actors wearing t-shirts very similar to mine, but a lot cooler looking. So, here is my edited design. Conceptually, it is different than before. I wanted the shirt to convey motion and be more about form. The negative spaces form the turbines and they are subtle, maybe too subtle in fact. I would love to get some more feedback on this design because my concern is that you would not be able to tell they are turbines, even if you were close up. Maybe it's ok, maybe it's not; I would love to hear opinions.



And here's a close-up of the individual form:


4 comments:

  1. just a couple of thoughts- it kind of looks like a birdie, and it might also be cool in black and white. i think im getting inspired by the logos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like! They look like paper airplanes to me, especially when the design is horizontal. Which totally works with the wind-theme. I didn't see the wind turbines at first, but the subtle design element makes it that much more interesting and dynamic. Well done on the redesign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a bird, a giraffe, AND when they are bunched together, like a bunch of origami flowers which is way awesome! I totally see the paper airplane thing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the feedback! i think im going to submit it. now i just have to think of an explanation for my design- i feel like i am in college again. anyway- i will put it on threadless in the next couple of days so be sure to look for it!

    ReplyDelete