Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MY FIRST BLOG POSTING- EVER

So this is officially my first blog and I have to say I am a bit intimated. It's scary- sharing your work and opinions with whoever cares to take part. I think I'm reverting back to my shy high school roots, but anyway, here I am. I wanted to create a blog to share with others the work I have been/will be conceiving and to hear from and talk to really cool talented people. I have been looking at some fellow blogspotters and must say I am very impressed, so this should be exciting!

I just realized that I haven't introduced myself...My name is Caitlin Barrett. I currently reside in Littleton, Colorado and I am almost a quarter of a century old. (It sounds a lot older when it's phrased like that.) I still feel new to the graphic design world because I actually graduated with an architectural degree in 2008. Once I graduated, I decided it wasn't the right fit for me and so I have spent the last couple of years attempting to beef up my portfolio, taking classes here and there, and just flat out trying to make it. It has been rough but I really like drawing and design and I am still trying to find my niche in the community. I just ended an internship with Renee Fotouhi Fine Art based out of New York where I designed custom artwork for hospitality clients and now I am ready for something new. To tell you a little about my design aesthetic, I like clean and bold designs that are usually colorful as well. (For some reason I have always loved color.) I want to get more into illustration so you might see some attempts at that in the near future. If you want to see more of my work you can go to http://www.coroflot.com/cbarrett

Well, that's enough about me... let me show you my latest project:




This is a personal project that was not done for or commissioned by Naked Juice and I did not design the bottle. I'm just putting that out there... I wanted to create an ad for a product that I enjoy and I liked the idea that they really have nothing to hide in their ingredients and you can actually pronounce all of them. (I know- shocker) So this is what I came up with for their strawberry banana and orange juices. You can see what I mean about my design aesthetic- simple, bold, colorful. I'd love to hear comments or questions or anything and I should have new projects posted shortly.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a great idea! Well, you already know I'm a fan of your work, (and now I'm a follower on your blog) but I think it's really great that you're putting your stuff out there. I love the new naked ads! - On a side note, you should do one for Green Machine cause it's my favorite.... I also think your designs for the Z Hotel are well done; I love the minimalistic black and white - especially the black bridge across the top, leaving empty space at the bottom (it would look awesome on a blue wall). Keep on truckin' and keep putting your stuff up so I can see it!

    P.S. You're only a quarter of a century old, not a half a century :P

    - TESS :D

    ReplyDelete