Monday, April 12, 2010

Minute One

Taking a cue from the popular trend of creating a piece of art/photography/craft/junk for every day of the year, I have decided to take part using my own spin on things. Rather than create a piece of artwork for each day of the year- I vow to create a new piece of art every minute of every day. YES- it may seem to be an impossible feat but I will accomplish it, by God. And so it begins with minute one:



This piece was created using duct tape, paper clips, imagination, and love. Thanks to Brandon Baunach for the image of the paperclip and WoodleyWonderWorks (under the Creative Commons License) from Flickr for the photograph of the duct tape. Next minute I hope to put some more creativity into it.

It almost looks like the tops of soda cans. Whoops- I'm already 10 minutes behind! Well I think I'll change my mind and just do a new image every millennium. See you in a thousand years.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry if no one gets the sarcasm here, but it's late and I just had to poke fun at the bazillions of people I see doing a project for every day of the year- It's getting kind of old and I couldn't resist. I also wanted an excuse to create a quick and easy piece of art since I hadn't posted anything in a while. I should have my edited windmill t-shirt up in a few days. Life has taken me in a different direction the past couple of weeks and I haven't been able to work on it, so I hope to finish it soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH WOMAN!! this cracked me up and made me miss you a lot! I'm actually trying to do the shuttercal.com thing but um... i'm not being very successful so far! It sounds like we're in need of another phone call. I'll work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you lied to me!!!! :P seriously though, i like the green you used! and i wish you DID do a piece of art every minute so i could have a multitude of distractions... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. caitlin... could you not have figured out how to go to shuttercal.com on your own!?!? :-p

    ReplyDelete