Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Music and Graphic Design

So I found some design yesterday that I thought was beautiful. It was the album cover for Thievery Corporation's "Versions" designed by Neal Ashby and Matthew Curry. It received a 2007 Grammy Nomination for Best Recording packaging. I may be a little late on the draw for this cd cover, but I thought it was so incredible, I couldn't pass it up. I have always held a great appreciation for the connection of music and graphic design (or just design or art in general), so I thought this was a good example. I also love how the inspiration for the cover was the Beatles "Revolver" album which is a cover I have always liked. It is hard to see all the intricacies in the details at this size, but if you want to see more you can go to the website.


Learn more about the artists and their inspiration (It's also an ad for mac, but I still think it's informative)






No comments:

Post a Comment