Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

So wow- it has been a while- I mean a long while.  I am sure no-one is even following me, but I just wanted to blog because it is nearing the end of a year- and boy has it been a whirl-wind of a year.  I am still working at Crocs and while it is crazy- I work A LOT; I really do love my job.  It has also allowed me to find some great inspiration and I think a renewed passion for design which I had lost while in school.

A few things that I am happy I started to get into this year and hope to build upon next year:

1. Pinterst- yes it's addicting- but also fulfilling in a way. VERY inspirational.

2. Cooking- I just got a Croc-Pot and a spice rack for Christmas and I love finding new recipes.  I am not quite at the stage where I am making up my own, but I hope I will get there.

3. Trending- This is more because my job allows me to do so, but I do notice that I really do enjoy seeing what is fashiony and such and not just when I am able to travel.  Trending sites that my work subscribes to really help with this as well as Pinterest (noted above) and an app called pulse which links to several design sites such as my modern met and design milk. I love learning about all of the new products and designs that are out there.  It feels like the internet makes design limitless.  For next year- I really want to discover more blogs and I am eager to learn what else exists in the design world.

4. Just Artsy Stuff in General- I joined a collage class this year and I also started hand-making ornaments and Christmas presents, so I really look forward to a  new year with more diy projects.  

Well that's it for now- I will create more posts on what I have been working on with some instructions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment